Monday, August 2, 2010

Thunderbird Resorts: Another Reason to Love Northern Philippines

From the ten bloggers who were invited to the three-day immersion at Thunderbird Resorts Poro Point, I was the only one whose roots are from La Union.  But I find it funny because even though I spent my teenage years there, I know nothing about the rich history and captivating places in La Union.


I have no idea that surfing was a trending sport in my lolo's hometown, and that I can find a Santorini-inspired beach hotel in its capital, San Fernando City.   See? I am a stranger to my own land!

Thunderbird Resorts Poro Point

But thank, God! We're given the squeak to experience La Union through Thunderbird Resorts Poro Point.


Here's a sneak peek of the bloggers' food and travel adventures:

Sushi-Sashimi Combo at Vegas Cafe
The Dome
View of South China Sea
The Cliffs Golf Course

Pindangan Ruins
Ma-Cho Temple
Our Lady of Namacpacan Church

Baluarte
Halo-Halo de Iloko
Thunderbird Resorts at Night


Have you noticed anything?  Not all of these pictures are taken from Thunderbird Resorts property.  Some were from our visit to the city.  And that's the most fun thing of all!!! When staying at Thunderbird Resorts Poro Point, they will not just let you experience their world-class facilities and amenities, but they will also let you create new experiences outside the Mediterranean-inspired property.


I love Northern Philippines more!!!


Thunderbird Resorts - Poro Point
Poro Point Freeport Zone,
San Fernando City, La Union
Philippines



Telephone Number: (+6372) 888-7777
Email:  info@thunderbird-asia.com

4 comments:

  1. great captures, ann!
    i suddenly miss our days in thunderbird. haha! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! shutterbug na po ata ako...hehe

    yes, doc super nakakamiss... i still have a lot of back logs... bawat sulat ko, it brings back memories ng thunderbird...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Can't believe it's just in La Union! How much is the fare to La Union from Manila? I want to go there too! Cool experience! :)

    http://longlivejudyism.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi judy! it's about 400 I think... ZestAir also has a flight to San Fernando now... but don't know how much it will cost you...

    me too, i didn't know about this place before...

    ReplyDelete